Here we will get to know what is a programming language, what language computer (a machine) understands, how we categorized the program and computer language. Here we will understand what is a programming language.
So without any delay let’s get started.
what is the Program?
A computer is a general-purpose machine it can do big calculations in a fraction of seconds but the thing is, A computer can not do it all alone. you have to give instructions to the computer and the computer will work according to your given instructions. This set of instructions is called a program and the man who instructs the computer is called a programmer. (If you want to know why you should be a programmer you can visit here).
Types of Program
- System Program
- Application Program
A computer has many programs that are of both types of systems and applications.
The Programs which manage the hardware resources of the computer are called system programs and those who do some specific tasks like a web browser, note pad, paint program, music player, video player, etc is called an application program.
if you want the computer to perform your specific task then you have to give your specific instruction to the computer. For that, you have to communicate with the computer in that language which computer understands like I am communicating with you in the English language because you guys can understand the English language. Now the question arises what language computer (a machine) understands? so the answer is a binary language that contains 0 and 1.
binary language is because this is very effective to communicate with h/w resources. so you have to give instructions with the pattern of 0 and 1. Binary language is also known as machine language.
Now we know that computer needs instruction in 0 and 1 format but this is very difficult to instruct 0 and 1 format and it would be very difficult to find out any error in your program because binary language is not human-readable language.
To solve this issue alternative language came into the market which is assembly level language. which contains the symbolic human-readable format of language like Add, Sub for addition and substraction.but as I said before computer only understands binary language which is 0 and 1 so the computer will not be able to understand this assembly language for this we need a converter which can convert assembly language to machine language. This converter is known as an assembler.
To simplify this more a new alternative language called high-level language came into the picture. which has very user-friendly syntax due to which it becomes very easy to debug and write the program for a computer to work. again for this language, we need a converter that can convert high-level language to machine language. This converter can be compiler or interpreter. Some examples of a high-level language are java, python, c#, etc in which you can easily write your own custom program to perform your specific task using a computer.
Now I know you must be thinking when all the tasks can perform using high-level language and it is easy as well then what is the need of machine language. so the answer is as I said computer only understands the machine/binary language so the program written in machine language execute faster than high-level language.
however now in the latest systems, the configuration is very good that’s why you will not be able to see any major difference but where execution time is more important there we need to use machine language programs.
Continuous learning is a cup of tea for every Technoid.-Ayush Gemini
- What is Covid19 Tracker APP and how to install it?Covid19 Tracker App Covid19, coronavirus, Novel coronavirus and yes Chinese virus these all are the terms which you are currently listening to a lot nowadays. This is seriously a very critical epidemic for the world now. Everyone is facing now so many difficulties due to this covid19 but guys we need to fight with this…
- Best way to download Instagram images.Have you ever tried to download the Instagram images? if your answer is yes then you might be aware that there is no option to download the Instagram images with high quality. So if you want to know how you can download the Instagram images with high quality then this article is for you. …
- what is a computer programming language?Here we will get to know what is a programming language, what language computer (a machine) understands, how we categorized the program and computer language. Here we will understand what …
- Why you should be a software developer & how to get startedWithout a question, becoming a software developer nowadays is one of the best career decisions that someone can make, not only because of the great job opportunities available but also because of the immense benefits in terms of personal fulfillment, self-development, and creative expression. As someone who began to travel this career path not so…
- HELLO & WELCOME TO MY FIRST BLOG POSTWelcome to the launch of the new and improved Gemini Soft Services website and my first blog post! My name is Ayush Gemini and I am so excited to share with you MORE of what Gemini Soft Services has to offer! The amount of ideas, how-to’s and inspiration whirling around in my head is ready…
Blogger | Coder | Speaker
I’m a core Android Developer with complimenting skill as a Web Developer from India.
A general problem solver, I like new challenges and loves to solve unconventional problems. I have a strong formal CS background and extensive experience in several programming languages and environments, as well as sales, marketing, and business.